The SAFROS project is a Seventh Framework Programme research project (FP7-ICT-2009.5.2).
Its goal is to address the development of technologies for patient safety in robotic surgery. Its aims are to define patient safety metrics for surgical procedures; to develop methods that abide by safety requirements; and to demonstrate that a properly controlled robotic suergery carried out in accordance to our safety criteria can improve the level of patient safety currently achievable by traditional surgery.
The SAFROS consortium is composed of:
- hospitals with worldwide reputation to provide medical knowledge and to validate the approach;
- European leading research groups in telerobotics and surgical robotics;
- innovative companies to develop new technologies for surgical simulators;
- the World Health Organization to offer global expertise in safety guidenlines for patient surgery;
- renowed educational organizations to provide innovative surgeon training.
Please click here to see the Project’s webpage on the European Commission’s website.
The results are available on this page.